*For our address and directions please click on the “Directions” tab. Please read direction information carefully!!
The Animal Ophthalmology Center is a referral, small animal hospital which specializes in diseases of the eye in animals. We are located in Williamston, MI and provide comprehensive eye care for animals in a comfortable setting employing the most up-to-date equipment and facilities with the most advanced team of eye-care specialists. Our goal is to provide the highest care available to animals referred to The Animal Ophthalmology Center.
Regular Office Hours:
Monday 8am-5pm** Outpatient appointments only
Tuesday 8am-9:30am** Outpatient appointments ♦ 10 am-5pm Surgery
Wednesday 8am-9:30am** Outpatient appointments ♦ 10 am-5pm Surgery
Thursday 8am-5pm** Outpatient appointments only
**PHONES ARE TURNED OFF BETWEEN 12pm-1pm** for a lunch break
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) CLIENT INFORMATION
Even though restrictions may be lifted, we are going to continue to only offer “curb-side” service at this time until further notice and are not allowing clients into the building to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our clients and employees so that we may remain open to care for your pet. We are also not going to put our staff at risk to police clients who do not want to wear a mask. We will examine your pet inside the building while you wait in your vehicle and Dr Ramsey will consult with you personally during the exam. We certainly respect your decision to cancel or postpone your pet’s appointment at this time if you do not wish to have your pet examined in this manner.
We are scheduling new patient appointments, however, due to an extremely high volume of appointment requests, we are booking into November at this time. If your pet has an urgent issue, we will do our best to get you in sooner, however we are relying on cancellations at this time. We would also recommend calling around to other ophthalmology clinics to try to get a sooner appointment!
For emergencies/urgent issues, we may have to recommend you call around to other ophthalmologists to try to get your sooner care for your pet.
Current appointment/medication pick-up procedure is as follows:
- We are choosing to offer “curb-side” service ONLY for all appointments until further notice and are not allowing clients into the building. We have decided that this is the safest decision for our clients and staff members. Our staff will be wearing masks when we approach your vehicle. We would appreciate if clients would wear a mask as well. We will bring your pet inside for the exam while you wait in your vehicle.
- You may access the restroom at any time while waiting for your pet’s appointment by following the sidewalk to the left of the front door and enter thru the side door. Please wear a mask into the building and practice social distancing and hand washing.
- All pet’s must be on a leash or in a carrier to prevent contact. For canine patients, we will come out to your vehicle with our own leash. For feline patients, please sterilize your pet’s carrier before the appointment.
- TEXT or CALL: 517-655-2777 that you have arrived and what vehicle you are in.
- We are removing the New Client Form link at this time. We are trying to eliminate clients bringing paperwork to our clinic to reduce contact. Please reply to your email or create a new one at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your pet’s history/current medications, concerns, etc.
- We will provide a phone consultation with Dr Ramsey and a written discharge summary once the appointment has been completed.
- A staff member will be in contact for a credit card number over the phone.
- FOR MEDICATION PICK-UPS: PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com OR CALL 517-655-2777 AND WE WILL RESPOND ASAP WHEN YOUR MEDICATION IS READY. WE WILL REQUIRE A CREDIT CARD NUMBER and then please email or call when you are in the parking lot and we will bring it out to your car. As always, we can mail medications if preferred but mail service has been very unpredictable (can take 2-14 days) so please order medications at least two weeks before you will need them.
WE CAN’T THANK OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTELE ENOUGH FOR YOUR PATIENCE AT THIS TIME WHILE WE WORK TO CARE FOR YOU PET’S!!
ATTENTION: If you are sick in anyway, or are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, or if you have been exposed to another person that is infected, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR PET’s APPOINTMENT.
Regular Office Hours:
Monday 8am-5pm Outpatient appointments only
Tuesday 8am-9:30am Outpatient appointments ♦ 10 am-5pm Surgery
Wednesday 8am-9:30am Outpatient appointments ♦ 10 am-5pm Surgery
Thursday 8am-5pm Outpatient appointments only
Phone: 517-655-2777 ♦ Toll Free: 877-655-6446
If your pet has an emergency after hours, please call your regular veterinarian for an emergency referral to another ophthalmologist, as we do not provide after hours, or weekend emergency services
2020 Office Closures:
Thursday Sept 3rd-Monday Sept 7th-Labor Day Holiday
Tuesday Nov 24th-Thurs Nov 26th-Thanksgiving Holiday
2 WEEK CLOSURE: Monday Dec 21st-Sunday Jan 3rd
“…that light shall prevail over darkness…”
-motto of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists