*For our address and directions please click on the “Directions” tab. Please read direction information carefully!!
The Animal Ophthalmology Center is a referral, small animal hospital which specializes in diseases of the eye in animals. We are located in Williamston, MI and provide comprehensive eye care for animals in a comfortable setting employing the most up-to-date equipment and facilities with the most advanced team of eye-care specialists. Our goal is to provide the highest care available to animals referred to The Animal Ophthalmology Center.
CLOSED: Tues Nov 24th-Thurs Nov 26th Thanksgiving Holiday
Regular Office Hours:
Monday 8am-5pm** Outpatient appointments only
Tuesday 8am-9:30am** Outpatient appointments ♦ 10 am-5pm Surgery
Wednesday 8am-9:30am** Outpatient appointments ♦ 10 am-5pm Surgery
Thursday 8am-5pm** Outpatient appointments only
**PHONES ARE TURNED OFF BETWEEN 12pm-1pm** for a lunch break
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) CLIENT INFORMATION
Because our appointment book is currently full and 3 months out, we are no longer scheduling any more new patient appointments. We do have many new clients already waiting on a cancellation list in an attempt to get them in sooner when we get cancellations/openings. We are currently recommending that you call around to other ophthalmologists to try to get sooner care for your pet as we are at our daily maximum capacity and working with a limited staff and we cannot accept emergencies at this time.
Even though restrictions may be lifted, we are going to continue to only offer “curb-side” service at this time until further notice and are not allowing clients into the building to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our clients and employees so that we may remain open to care for your pet. We will examine your pet inside the building while you wait in your vehicle and Dr Ramsey will consult with you personally during the exam. We certainly respect your decision to cancel or postpone your pet’s appointment at this time if you do not wish to have your pet examined in this manner.
Current appointment/medication pick-up procedure is as follows:
- We are choosing to offer “curb-side” service ONLY for all appointments until further notice and are not allowing clients into the building. We have decided that this is the safest decision for our clients and staff members. Our staff will be wearing masks when we approach your vehicle. We would appreciate if clients would wear a mask as well. We will bring your pet inside for the exam while you wait in your vehicle.
- You may access the restroom at any time while you are here by following the sidewalk to the left of the front door and enter thru the side door. Please wear a mask into the building and practice social distancing and hand washing.
- All pet’s must be on a leash or in a carrier to prevent contact. For canine patients, we will come out to your vehicle with our own leash. For feline patients, please sterilize your pet’s carrier before the appointment.
- TEXT or CALL: 517-655-2777 that you have arrived and what vehicle you are in.
- We will provide a phone consultation with Dr Ramsey and a written discharge summary once the appointment has been completed.
- A staff member will be in contact for a credit card number over the phone.
- FOR MEDICATION PICK-UPS: PLEASE CALL AHEAD! 517-655-2777 AND WE WILL RESPOND ASAP WHEN YOUR MEDICATION IS READY. WE WILL REQUIRE A CREDIT CARD NUMBER and then please call when you are in the parking lot and we will bring it out to your car. As always, we can mail medications if preferred but mail service has been very unpredictable (can take 2-5 day is average but has taken up to 14 days) so please order medications at least two weeks before you will need them.
WE CAN’T THANK OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTELE ENOUGH FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND KINDNESS AT THIS TIME WHILE WE WORK TO CARE FOR YOU PET’S!!
ATTENTION: If you are sick in anyway, or are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, or if you have been exposed to another person that is infected, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR PET’s APPOINTMENT.
2020 Office Closures:
Tuesday Nov 24th-Thurs Nov 26th-Thanksgiving Holiday
2 WEEK CLOSURE: Monday Dec 21st-Sunday Jan 3rd
“…that light shall prevail over darkness…”
-motto of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists