*For our address and directions please click on the “Directions” tab. Please read direction information carefully!!
The Animal Ophthalmology Center is a referral, small animal hospital which specializes in diseases of the eye in animals. We are located in Williamston, MI and provide comprehensive eye care for animals in a comfortable setting employing the most up-to-date equipment and facilities with the most advanced team of eye-care specialists. Our goal is to provide the highest care available to animals referred to The Animal Ophthalmology Center.
ACVO conference link for general practitioners interested in CE ophthalmology course see link below:
Applied Ophthalmology CE for General Practitioners’. “This course is presented to provide ophthalmic education to non-boarded veterinarians that are interested in improving their ophthalmic knowledge for practice; when and how to treat, and when referrals are recommended. Recorded access to prior years’ presentations are available.”
Regular Office Hours:
Monday 8am-4:30pm** Outpatient appointments only
Tuesday 8am-4:30pm** Surgery only
Wednesday 8am-9:00am** Outpatient appointments ♦ 9:00 am-4:30pm Surgery
Thursday 8am-4:30pm** Outpatient appointments only
**PHONES ARE TURNED OFF BETWEEN 12pm-1pm** for a lunch break
For NEW patients appointment requests (we have not previously examined the patient within the last year): we are at our maximum daily capacity for one doctor, and to maintain a safe level of patient care, we have to set a daily limit on how many patients can be scheduled and/or worked in. Our schedule is currently booked 4-5 months out. Because we only have one ophthalmologist on staff, we do cannot offer emergency appointments or emergency services. If your pet cannot wait for our next opening, please call your referring veterinarian for a referral to another ophthalmologist in the state.
For CURRENT and established patients currently undergoing treatment, and who do not have an appointment already scheduled: Current patients (that have been examined within the last year), will receive priority for appointments. We will have to determine appointment “work-in” eligibility on a case-by-case basis if those patients can be worked into our schedule and how soon. Please call 517-655-2777 or send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Current curb-side protocol is as follows:
**Updated Oct 19, 2021**
- We are still choosing to offer “curb-side” service ONLY for all appointments and medication pick-up orders until further notice and are not allowing clients into the building (see #2). We have decided that this is the safest decision for our clients and staff members and for our one doctor on staff. Our staff will be wearing masks when we approach your vehicle. We would appreciate if clients would wear a mask as well. We will bring your pet inside for the exam while you wait in your vehicle. Curb-side service will apply to ALL clients until further notice.
- You may access the restroom at any time while you are here by following the sidewalk to the left of the front door and enter thru the side door on the SW corner of the building on the Grand River side. Please wear a mask into the building and practice social distancing and hand washing.
- All pet’s must be on a leash or in a carrier to prevent contact. For canine patients, we will come out to your vehicle with our own leash. For feline patients, please sterilize your pet’s carrier before the appointment.
- CALL: 517-655-2777 that you have arrived and what vehicle you are in. A technician wearing a mask will come to your vehicle to bring your pet inside for the exam while you wait in your vehicle.
- We will provide a phone consultation with Dr Ramsey and a written discharge summary once the appointment has been completed.
- A staff member will be in contact for a credit card number over the phone.
- FOR MEDICATION PICK-UPS: PLEASE CALL AHEAD! 517-655-2777 AND WE WILL RESPOND ASAP WHEN YOUR MEDICATION IS READY. WE WILL REQUIRE A CREDIT CARD NUMBER and then please call when you are in the parking lot and we will bring it out to your car. As always, we can mail medications if preferred but mail service has been very unpredictable (can take 2-5 day on average but has taken as many as 14 days) so please order medications at least two weeks before you will need them.
WE CAN’T THANK OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTELE ENOUGH FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND KINDNESS AT THIS TIME WHILE WE WORK TO CARE FOR YOU PET’S!!
ATTENTION: If you are sick in anyway, or are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, or if you have been exposed to another person that is infected, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR PET’s APPOINTMENT.
2021 Office Closures:
Tues Nov 23rd-Thurs Nov 25th-CLOSED for Thanksgiving Holiday
2 WEEK CLOSURE: Monday Dec 20th-Sunday Jan 2nd
“…that light shall prevail over darkness…”
-motto of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists