We will be closed FRIDAY DECEMBER 16th Through MONDAY JANUARY 2nd- Happy Holidays!!!
The Animal Ophthalmology Center is a referral, small animal hospital which specializes in diseases of the eye in animals. We are located in Williamston, MI and provide comprehensive eye care for animals in a comfortable setting employing the most up-to-date equipment and facilities with the most advanced team of eye-care specialists. Our goal is to provide the highest care available to animals referred to The Animal Ophthalmology Center.
***We have special Covid 19 policies in place. Scroll down for information on current protocols***
New! Follow us on our Official Facebook page!
Regular Office Hours:
Tuesday 8am-4:30 pm
**PHONES ARE OFF BETWEEN 11:45am-1pm** for a staff break
***Monday and Thursday are reserved for outpatient appointments***
***Tuesday and Wednesday are reserved for surgery appointments***
2022 Office Closures:
Thursday May 26th-Mon May 30th-Memorial Day Holiday
Mon July 4th-Wed July 6th-Independence Day Holiday
Thursday Sept 1st-Monday Sept 5th-Labor Day Holiday
1 WEEK CLOSURE: Monday, October 24th-Sunday, October 30th- ACVO Conference
Tuesday Nov 22nd-Sunday Nov 27th-Thanksgiving Day Holiday
2 WEEK CLOSURE: Friday Dec 16th-Monday Jan 2nd-Christmas & New Year’s Day Holiday
Click here to request prescription refills through our online form!
NEW patients (And patients we have not examined in the past 2 years): We are at our maximum daily capacity for one doctor. To maintain a safe level of patient care, we have to set a daily limit on how many patients can be scheduled or worked in. Our schedule is currently booked 4-5 months out for NEW patients. If your pet cannot wait, please call your referring veterinarian for a referral to another ophthalmologist or click here for a list of ophthalmologists in our region.
CURRENT Patients: Patients that have been examined within the last year, will receive priority for appointments. We will determine appointment “work-in” eligibility on a case-by-case basis. Please call 517-655-2777 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current curb-side protocol is as follows:
**Updated November 2022**
- We are still choosing to offer “curb-side” service ONLY for all appointments and medication pick-up orders until further notice and are not allowing clients into the building (see #2). We have decided that this is the safest decision for our clients and staff members and for our one doctor on staff. Masks are not required outside the building. We will bring your pet inside for the exam while you wait in your vehicle. Curb-side service will apply to ALL clients until further notice.
- You may access the restroom at any time while you are here by following the sidewalk to the left of the front door and enter thru the side door on the SW corner of the building on the Grand River side.
- All pet’s must be on a leash or in a carrier. We have slip-leashes if needed.
- CALL: 517-655-2777 that you have arrived and what vehicle you are in. A technician will come to your vehicle to bring your pet inside for the exam while you wait in your vehicle.
- We will provide a phone consultation with Dr. Ramsey and a written discharge summary once the appointment has been completed.
- A staff member will complete the check-out process over the phone and then bring out your medications, discharge instructions and receipt. They are also well qualified to answer any questions you may have!
- FOR MEDICATION PICK-UPS: We will place the medication inside our vestibule at the front door on a table. As always, we can mail medications if preferred but mail service has been very unpredictable (can take 2-7 day on average but has taken as many as 14 days) so please order medications at least two weeks before you will need them.
WE CAN’T THANK OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTELE ENOUGH FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND KINDNESS AT THIS TIME WHILE WE WORK TO CARE FOR YOU PETS!!
ATTENTION: If you are sick in anyway, or are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, or if you have been exposed to another person that is infected, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR PET’s APPOINTMENT.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as medical advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, a doctor-patient relationship.